Monday, January 18, 2010

House of Fun

My sis, bro-in-law, and sweet nephew were in town this past weekend. They drove in from Arkansas on Friday. I left work and met them at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. They then went on to the Galleria while I finished up work for the day.

That evening we went out to eat at Blue Goose. While we were waiting for our table, my sister and I took Brooks over to Barnes and Noble. Kristin was looking for some cookbooks. Brooks was 'browsing' the cookbooks too. He went straight to the grilling section-what a little man!


I don't know how to turn this picture, but I thought it was too cute not to post.

We had to wait about an hour. I was so surprised at how good Brooks was. He loves cheese dip (Side Note: Chris hates when I call it cheese dip. Apparently the correct word is queso. I'm staying true to my Arkansas roots and calling it cheese dip) though, so he was happy once we got to the table. The next day we really did not do anything organized. We ate (what we do best!) and shopped some. The main event of the day was getting Brooks a haircut. The boy has gotten at least 10 haircuts, so you would think that he would be used to them by now. Not the case at all. He bawled like I have never seen before. I couldn't help but laugh. He was SO dramatic. The funniest part was when he could barely breathe from crying so hard, yet he was able to take a lick of that dum dum they gave him. He turned the drama/crying switch off as soon as he got out of the chair with a 'Q' (Thank you) and a big smile.

We headed back to the house for Brooks to take a nap. He didn't sleep a wink, but Chris and I sure did. Ha. We woke up just in time to start dinner. We decided to try Giada'a lasagna rolls. They were pretty good. I think next time I would rather add some italian sausage instead of the proscuitto. That meat kind of weirded me out.


As my sister were cooking dinner, we looked over and both Chris and Mike were reading People and US Weekly. And talking about it. We thought it was so funny, so I had to capture the moment.

Brooks is at such a sweet/cute age. He actually knows who I am now. He can't quite get my name right. He calls me 'Ga-lee' but I totally answer to it. He loved watching movies and running around Aunt Katie and Uncle Chris' house. It is the house of fun! We can't wait for more visits from him. Especially when we go to Great Wolf Lodge. Seriously, the countdown is on.

Isn't he so sweet?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment