Wednesday, August 26, 2009

To Floss or Not To Floss

I never used to floss. NEVER. I actually would get kind of irritated when my dental hygenist asked me if I did. Of course not. It is way too difficult, not to mention it takes up entirely too much time. I'm usually running late in the morning or way too tired at night. Plus, I had braces for 4.5 years. It would probably have taken me an hour to floss with those puppies on.

Well, now I'm a floss-er. I don't do it every night. But I would say about 3-4 nights a week. My current hygenist (Yvonne) cleans teeth like I have never experienced before. I now kind of dread going to the dentist because it hurts like the dickens. I'm telling you my gums are on absolute fire for a couple of hours after I leave the place. But, my teeth are clean. This is different for me, because growing up I liked going to the dentist. Probably because I loathed going to the orthodontist or the oral surgeon because they did horrible things like pull my teeth down from the roof of my mouth, extracted teeth, and implanted a tooth which consisted of drilled into the bone in my mouth. The dentist just basically brushed my teeth and squirted some water into my mouth. It was like a mouth massage. I digress.

Well, Yvonne (my current hygenist) cleaned my teeth so well, that I think she cleared up some pathways for food to get stuck in my teeth. Forcing me to have the need to floss. It started out just flossing between two teeth, then the whole bottom row, now it's the entire mouth. I won't go into detail about what I have found. I will just tell you this: you really should floss. It really will do you some good.

Yes, I just blogged about flossing. Gross.

1 comment:

  1. I just started flossing in the past few months, and I TOTALLY agree!! Not gonna lie, I probably won't blog about it, but I'm a huge fan of flossing. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete