Thursday, August 6, 2009

Here we go

Well, I thought that I would start out blogging on an extremely important day of the year: my birthday. So that you do not think that I am a completely vain person...it is my sister's birthday as well. So, since she was part of the motivation for me starting a blog--I have decided to dedicate this post to her.


Kristin is 7 years older than me. A lot of people think that we look alike. I guess we kind of do. But at the same time, she has a really large head...and I have a extremely small head. This is probably magnified by the texture of each of our hair. Kristin = puffy hair. Katie = flat, mold to your head hair. See the picture below. It's OK to agree with me. We have both accepted this fact.



My brother-in-law is totally creeped out by us sometimes. Around Halloween a few years back, I made a trip to Target. While there, I looked at the dog Halloween costumes because they are just so cute. My parents have a pug (I will have to dedicate an entire post to him in the near future) and they would totally enjoy dressing him up and letting him parade around in a costume. There was a dinosaur one that was the best and I could picture Teddy boy looking good in it. So, because I was in Waco for school, I call my parents and tell them that they really should go and get it. Don't worry, they didn't have to make the trip themselves because my sister walked in with it about five minutes earlier. Weird, huh?

We have also been known to get each other the exact same thing for birthdays, Christmas, etc without even knowing it. We even wore the same thing to a family reunion once. But, if I had to choose to be like this with anyone it would most definitely be my sister! To quote a book about 'What Sisters Share', "Going through life with the family thighs is a lot easier when there's somebody else out there with two more just like them". Amen.

Happy Birthday, Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment